About Me

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

NEX-5N Impressions - Part 2 (Sample Photos)

Sorry for the very late follow up on the NEX-5N impression.  I really need to find a way to manage my time properly.  Also, it was good timing since Adobe has updated Lightroom to be able to read the NEX-5N RAW file.

Follow the leader!
The week that I had the NEX-5N, we had a very cloudy/windy weather here in Melbourne.  My plan was to go on a photo walk with one of my friends but didn't manage to do so because of the '4 seasons in 1 day' weather.  Good thing we were invited to a party so I took the camera with me and started shooting. I can't post all the pictures here as much as I want to because I didn't tell them that I will be posting the photos on my blog.  Oh well, good thing the ducks were there :)

Picture Effect - HDR Painting (Heavy)
Picture Effect - HDR Painting (Light)

Taken with the SEL 18-200 lens. These are straight out of camera JPG unless specified.


Taken with the Minolta 50/1.4 and LA-EA1 Adapter


Here is a sample showing how much detail the NEX-5N sensor has on its RAW File. I want to see how much details are in the shadow.  I made the following modification in LR3.5 (exposure +1, Fill Light set to 31).  


Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Category List

Sony (20) nex-7 (14) NEX (6) nex-5n (6) rx100 (6) nex-6 (4) A77 (3) SEL10-18 (3) compact cameras (3) A57 (2) bokeh (2) nex-5 (2) rumor (2) slrmagic (2) zeiss 24 (2) 18-200 (1) 55-210 (1) A55 (1) Google (1) Google TV (1) RX1 (1) SLT (1) TV (1) cine lenses (1) clear image zoom (1) direct upload (1) external mic (1) magenta cast (1) minolta (1) mirrorless (1) nex-5r (1) nikon (1) playmemories (1) snow (1) sony nex zoom lens (1) sony rx1 (1) sony slt (1) voigtlander (1)