One of the best features of the NEX camera is the ability to make panoramic picture. If like me, you don't want to spend so much time trying to stich photos together in Photoshop or Microsoft ICE, then the NEX Sweep Panorama Feature is the answer to your needs. You can also make 3D-Panoramas if you want and you can display your pictures on a spare 3D TV.
One thing that I wish Sony would fix is to allow us the ability to shoot in RAW format. I wouldn't mind having a 'leveler' to see if your panorama is straight.
Here are some tips for getting a good panorama picture:
- Stand with your feet wide apart. You will act as the tripod .
- Hold the camera straight out with both your hands.
- Move with your waist and not with your hands. If you do, you will be in an awkward position when you reach the 'end' of the panorama.
- Pan smoothly and follow the 'arrow' displayed on the back of the camera.
- ALWAYS look at the display at the back of the camera and not the scene itself.
If you have a NEX, Cybershot or the Sony Alpha SLT's, try it out. It's a lot of fun!
Please post your panorama pictures here if you have one.